A Touch of the Macabre
One of the tours that have left Bancroft Manor involves cemetery hopping. Some of the best travel destinations involve cemeteries such as
1. Highgate Cemetery, London
2. Cypress Lawn, Colma, California
3. Vysehrad Cemetery, Prague
4. Protestant Cemetery, Rome
5. Montparnasse Cemetery, Paris
6. Swan Point Cemetery, Providence, Rhode Island
7. Sunset Hills Cemetery, Flint, Michigan
8. Zoshigaya Reien, Tokyo
9. Sleepy Hollow Cemeteries, New York
10. Waverley Cemetery, Sydney
I have visited Montparnasse and Vysehrad and can testify to the benefit of using cemeteries as one focus when you travel. Certainly, my day visiting the Sedlec Ossuary in Kutna Hora in the Czech Republic and another exploring the historic cemetery in the old Jewish Quarter of Prague will be etched into my memory as absolute highlights of my time in Prague.
Loren Rhoads has worked extensively in this field and her Cemetery Tours site provides a wealth of insight into the creative work that simply visiting cemeteries can generate.